Stained glass light

glass_spill_1500c

Bright summer light moderated by the stained glass east windows of the church of St. Ours in  the old city of Loches.

Advertisements

Bellanoch windows

There are two stained glass windows set in lancet openings in the south-west wall of Bellanoch Chuch, both dating from the middle of the twentieth century. The first is of the Nativity and is dedicated “To the glory of God and in loving memory of Mary A McVean and her parents, 1952”.

stained_glass_l_1200c

The second is of Christ in Majesty and is dedicated “to the glory of God and in loving & grateful memory of Elizabeth Grant wife of the Reverend Donald Grant Minister of this Parish from 1921-1944”.

stained_glass_r_1200c